Choosing the right location and school for your overseas studies is a big decision, possibly one of the biggest decisions you will ever make regarding your education.
Your success today will influence your successes tomorrow. It is important that you feel confident and comfortable with your choice of country, province, city, and school.
Here are some reasons why the Central Okanagan is the best choice:
• Safe community, friendly people, excellent recreation, outstanding arts and entertainment.
• Great location, fantastic climate, limitless opportunities.
• Less than 2% of our student population are ELL students and only 250 international education placements are available in the 2012/2013 school year. This means a great opportunity to experience Canadian culture and to speak and learn English.
• Monthly activities are organized to keep you connected with other students.
• Excellent schools, outstanding programs such as a Golf Academy, Soccer Academy, International Hockey Program, nationally recognized fine arts programs, and advanced placement programs.
• Full range of academic, elective, and career preparation courses.
• English language instruction provided by BC certified teachers at all schools.
• Strong support for international students including partnerships with University of British Columbia-Okanagan, Okanagan College, and British Columbia Institute of Technology.
The Central Okanagan School District accepts international students twice during the school year.
High school students may begin their course of study in September or in February.
Middle school and Elementary students may begin their course of study in September and January.
Short Term Programs
Short term programs from six weeks are available for groups only.
Individual applications are accepted for three or four months, space permitting.