Secure Online Application Process (Recommended, Faster)
Seats in Central Okanagan School District's International Program are limited. Please note that students intending to graduate in BC should plan on a 2 year or 2+ year program.
Before you begin
Central Okanagan School District's goal is to only accept complete applications using our secure online application system. Mailed, emailed, or faxed applications are no longer accepted. Incomplete or unpaid applications will not be processed. Online applications will be processed more quickly.
Before you begin the online application process, please make sure you have collected all the necessary information and documents. You will need the applicant’s complete information and at least one parent’s complete information. This includes names, birthdates, addresses, etc. Required and recommended documents (see below) must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each. If any document is larger than 5MB, it has been scanned at too high a resolution and must be rescanned at a lower resolution before beginning the application process.
The application fee is $200 CAD and is nonrefundable. We will accept payment by wire transfer, direct deposit or bank draft payable to Central Okanagan International Education. If you are paying by bank draft, your application will not be processsed until the bank draft has cleared.
In order to submit an application, the two documents listed below are required. If you do not upload these documents into the online application system, you cannot complete the application process. If you do not submit a complete application within ten (10) days, the partial application will be automatically deleted.
- Transcripts or report cards. You must have a record of grades for the last two years, translated into English, they must be in PDF or JPEG files only, and less than 5MB in size. You will only able to upload one document, so please ensure all pages of the records of grades are scanned as a single document.
- Legal agreement. The parent(s) must sign our agreement. Before starting the application process, please download the Legal Consent.pdf, have it signed in ink, and scanned as a PDF or JPEG file only.
We recommend that you collect the following documents prior to applying. These documents assist us in making an admission decision should we require additional information. They must be submitted as single documents in PDF or JPEG files only and less than 5MB each.
- Passport photo page. Please scan the passport photo page of the applicant’s passport, if they have a passport already. This allows us to double-check the applicant’s information to ensure that all correspondence is correct.
- Two Letters of Recommendation. Please have a teacher, school counselor, or Headmaster/Principal write a letter of recommendation for the applicant. These letters should be on school letterhead and identify the student and their strong points. If these letters are longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Student’s letter of intent. This letter is written by the student explaining their desire to come to Canada and study in Central Okanagan School District. It should outline their past studies, their interests and hobbies, and their future goals. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Immunization records. Please scan as a single document all immunization records relevant to the students medical history. If this letter is longer than one page, make sure you scan all pages as a single document.
- Custodian document. If the applicant will not be part of our homestay program, or if their choose not to use our free custodianship service, they must assign a custodian. This custodian must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, over 25 years old, and must live full time in the Central Okanagan area.
- Photo albums. We encourage students to compile a photo album for our homestay placement process. Please scan the entire album as one document.
- Other documents. If you have another document pertinent to admission, such as a student interview form, please submit it as a single document.
Student Application Process (PDF option)
Once you have made the decision to attend School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan) it is important that you take the time to learn all that needs to be done to submit an application.
Submitting an application is a time consuming task. Ensure that you leave enough time to complete all requirements.
Checklist for Application Process to School District No. 23 (Central Okanagan)
Step 1: Submitting your Application
1. Mail and email the completed application form to:
School District 23 (Central Okanagan)
Central Okanagan International Education Program
1040 Hollywood Road
Kelowna BC V1X 4N2
Be sure to include:
a recent photograph
final report cards for the last 2 years
your handwritten letter of introduction
two letters of recommendation from school personnel
a photocopy of the first page of your passport
the completed homestay application on pages 3 and 4
your $200 application fee
Step 2: Letter of Acknowledgement
Once we have received your completed forms, and reviewed your application, we will send:
a letter of acknowledgement
an invoice for all program fees and tuition
Step 3: Issuance of the Letter of Acceptance
Once we have received payment in full, a formal letter of acceptance will be issued and sent to you by courier along with
the custodian documents which include: “Custodian Declaration – Custodian for Minors Studying in Canada with Notarized Acceptance of Custodianship Responsibilities”
the “Custodian Declaration – Parents/Guardians for Minors Studying in Canada with Notarized Acceptance of Custodianship Responsibilities” which must be notarized by the student’s natural parents accepting the appointment of the district custodian
Step 4: Visa Application
Obtain and complete the Visa Application Form which is available from your local Canada Immigration Centre office. Submit the application form with all custodian documents and the Letter of Acceptance from the program. Applicants must have an up to date passport. Processing times vary – direct all enquiries regarding the visa status to your local CIC office.
Step 5: Host Family Information
Issuance of host family profile and contact details by your Homestay Coordinator.
Step 6: Prior to student arrival
Notify our office of your flight and arrival arrangements. Your host family will meet you at the airport.