Our School District:
• is the 5th largest school district in B.C.
• is a growing district
• has 42 schools with 22,000 full time students
• Has the largest selection of Advanced Placements outside of the Vancouver area
• has less than 2% ESL students
• has specialized courses in Golf, Sailing, Hockey and Soccer Academies
• has specialized courses in Hairdressing, Culinary Arts, Graphic Design, Mechanics, Photography, Television and Radio Broadcasting, Film Editing, Computer Animation.
• has formalized Partnerships with Universities, Colleges and Trade Schools.
• all have university degrees (Bachelors and many have Masters degrees)
• at the high school level, are subject area specialists
• are certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education
• are registered with the British Columbia College of Teachers
• 31 elementary schools
• 6 Middle schools (grades 7 – 9)
• 3 Senior High schools (grades 10-12)
• 2 High schools (grades 8 – 12)
• are located in modern, spacious buildings
• are well equipped with laptops and internet connections
• have up to date teaching materials and resources
• have well equipped recreational facilities
• offer small classes for international students
• we are ranked as one of the best locations to live in Canada
• we have beautiful homes and scenic communities
• we have excellent year round recreation including golf, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, hiking, biking, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, horseback riding.
• lakes, rivers, mountains, orchards, parks and forests --- all just minutes away
• ski resorts, golf courses, lakefront resorts, and beaches --- all located in the Central Okanagan.
The small city that offers the world!
Students come to our district because we have:
• excellent educational programs
• a district supervised Homestay program
• a safe, beautiful community
• a wonderful climate in summer and winter
• exceptional recreational opportunities
• friendly citizens