Click here to access the amended COVID-19 refund policy and the Central Okanagan Full Refund Policy
Central Okanagan International Education Policies
The international student program of the Central Okanagan School District was established in 2006. Its purpose is to provide foreign students with access to a high-quality British Columbia educational program and the opportunity to experience life in Canada, and to provide cultural enrichment opportunities for Canadian students and homestay families. A willingness to participate fully in school, the host family and the community is key to a successful experience. Students who chose to participate in this program understand that they are ambassadors of their own countries and agree that they will represent their homelands and families with dignity. All students and their natural parents or guardians must read the following rules and regulations carefully and agree to abide by them.
Statement of Purpose
Central Okanagan Public Schools International Program takes pride in providing a high quality international education program within a safe and caring environment. The Central Okanagan Public Schools International Program Code of Conduct is supplemental to the Central Okanagan Public Schools Policies and Procedures Section 4 and the School Code of Conduct. This code exists to:
- Provide a foundation for the development and maintenance of a safe, caring and orderly environment for program participants and partners;
- Strike an appropriate balance among individual and collective rights, freedoms, and responsibilities; and
- Outline and clarify expectations for students while participating in the program.
The Central Okanagan Public Schools International Program promotes the values expressed in the BC Human Rights Code respecting the rights of all individuals in accordance with the law, prohibiting discrimination based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, marital status, physical and mental disability, gender identity and gender expression, sex or sexual orientation.
This code is based on principles of respect, rights, and responsibilities.
- Displaying respect for the rights, property and safety of themselves and others
- Honouring the rights of others-through the process of learning and demonstrating appropriate behaviours
- Assuming responsibility for one's own behaviour in order to sustain a safe and productive learning environment and homestay experience.