Amended Refund Policy for the 2020-2021 School Year in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic (amended April 14, 2020)
The Central Okanagan International Program will provide a full refund of all fees including: application fee, tuition fees, homestay fees, homestay placement fee and insurance fees for the 2020-2021 school year if students are required to withdraw from the program prior to August 30th for the following reasons:
- Home country restricting travel to Canada
- Canada restricting entry from the home country
- An inability for students to secure visas
- Program cancellation
We are fully committed to working with you during this unprecedented time and it is our intention to continue to provide an exceptional program of educational and cultural opportunities for students coming to the Central Okanagan.
CENTRAL OKANAGAN REFUND POLICY
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program (School District No. 23)
Refund requests must include relevant supporting documentation (e.g. letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
Full refund less application fees and homestay placement fees will be given if Canadian Immigration does not approve a student study permit.
To obtain a full refund, immediate contact with the international education program must be made via email or fax regarding the status of the student, also, a formal written request must be received within 60 days of the date of refusal. Requests must include the formal letter of refusal from Canadian Immigration.
A 66% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident prior to the commencement of the program.
A 50% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident after the commencement of the program but before 30 calendar days have elapsed from the beginning of the program.
No refund will be granted to a student who:
- withdraws from any course after 30 calendar days from the commencement of the program
- withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident after 30 days from the commencement of the program
- who withdraws from the program 30 calendar days after the commencement of the program
- who is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the law, policy, regulation, or student code of conduct as determined by the Government of Canada, the police, Central Okanagan Public Schools and/or the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program.
Central Okanagan Public Schools is not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the district not being able to provide education owing to labour disputes, inclement weather or causes beyond its control.
For inquiries regarding refunds please contact us by phone (250)470-3258 or by email International.Education@sd23.bc.ca