Amended Refund Policy - COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our refund policy to include the following situations occurring prior to the student's program start date:
1. orders by home countries not allowing student travel to Canada, and/or
2. orders by Canada not allowing students from specified countries into Canada.
Orders from home countries or from Canada denying travel to Canada will be considered as equivalent to "visa being denied" and would result in the provision of a full refund less the $200 application fee.
CENTRAL OKANAGAN REFUND POLICY
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program (School District No. 23)
Refund requests must include relevant supporting documentation (e.g. letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
Full refund less application fees and homestay placement fees will be given if Canadian Immigration does not approve a student study permit.
To obtain a full refund, immediate contact with the international education program must be made via email or fax regarding the status of the student, also, a formal written request must be received within 60 days of the date of refusal. Requests must include the formal letter of refusal from Canadian Immigration.
A 66% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident prior to the commencement of the program.
A 50% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident after the commencement of the program but before 30 calendar days have elapsed from the beginning of the program.
No refund will be granted to a student who:
- withdraws from any course after 30 calendar days from the commencement of the program
- withdraws or becomes a landed immigrant or permanent resident after 30 days from the commencement of the program
- who withdraws from the program 30 calendar days after the commencement of the program
- who is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the law, policy, regulation, or student code of conduct as determined by the Government of Canada, the police, Central Okanagan Public Schools and/or the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program.
Central Okanagan Public Schools is not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the district not being able to provide education owing to labour disputes, inclement weather or causes beyond its control.
For inquiries regarding refunds please contact us by phone (250)470-3258 or by email International.Education@sd23.bc.ca