Your Academic Success Starts Here
The Central Okanagan School District is pleased to welcome new students to our schools. To start the student registration process, parents need to fill out and submit an on-line registration application which can be found by clicking This Registration Link.
In-person registration at the neighbourhood school in not required.
If you hold a valid Work Permit, Study Permit, or are a Refugee Claimant, registration through the Welcome Centre is also required along with the student registration application as parents must submit additional documentation to determine if their child is funding eligible.
School Registration Documents:
At the time of registration, parents must be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Proof of birth date for the student (original birth certificate and/or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents' or guardians' as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship document)
- Proof of residence (e.g. ordinarily resident) of parent/legal guardian in BC:
- Three pieces of identification showing the address of residence:
- purchase or rental agreement,
- cable, hydro or gas bill,
- driver's license, etc.
- One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian)
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)
Documents which are helpful, but not required to register:
- Health Documents (Care Card, immunization records, medical condition information)
- Educational background (i.e. report cards for the last two years)
Funding Eligible Registration via Email With Our Welcome Centre:
Parents/legal guardians here on Work Permits, Study Permits, or are Refugee Claimants must bring the following forms to the Weclome Center prior to having their registration processed at the school. Please click on the category that's relevant to you:
The Welcome Centre will review all the required documents submitted. Families who are able to register as Funding Eligible according to the Ministry of Education's guidelines, will be provided with a Letter of Acceptance that they will need before starting school.
Our Welcome Centre staff are available to assist new families in finding their neighbourhood school, completing their registration forms, etc. if necessary. Please contact the Welcome Centre @ 250-470-3258
Other Useful Links and Documents: