Joining a school sports team is a great way to make friends, enjoy school culture, and see other parts of BC. Here are the general seasons for school sports. Most high school sports team members are selected through a competitive tryout process.
Our teams work together to compete at the highest levels.
School Sports in Central Okanagan Public Schools
A variety of school sports are offered at each of our middle and high schools. Each sport season is indicated in the chart further down the page. Please contact our program at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the sport team(s) typically offered in a particular school.
There are also many well run community sports organizations that international students can join. If you have any specific interests, please contact our office for further information.
BC School Sports Eligibility for International Students
- The student is enrolled at the school for at least five (5) consecutive months (3 month / short term students are not eligible to complete).
- The student has not graduated from a high school program (in their home country or anywhere else).
- The student must meet both the age requirement and their entry date in grade eight (8) as outlined in the BC School Sport Handbook (accessed here https://www.bcschoolsports.ca/resources/calendar-handbook).
- The student is eligible as per all other BC School Sport eligibility policies.
* Try-out required for teams
|Archery||September – March|
|Basketball – Junior Girls||December – March|
|Basketball – Junior Boys||November – March|
|Basketball – Senior Girls||December – March|
|Basketball – Senior Boys||November – March|
|Cross Country||September – March|
|Curling – Senior Girls||November – March|
|Curling – Senior Boys||November – March|
|Field Hockey – Senior Girls||August – November|
|Football – Senior Boys||August – November|
|Golf – Boys and Girls ||March – June|
|Rugby – Junior Boys||March – June|
|Rugby – Senior Girls||March – June|
|Rugby – Senior Boys ||January – June|
|Soccer – Senior Girls||January – June|
|Soccer – Senior Boys||September – November|
|Track and Field – Boys and Girls||March – June|
|Volleyball – Junior Girls||September – December|
|Volleyball – Junior Boys||September – December|
|Volleyball – Senior Girls||August – December|
|Volleyball – Senior Boys||August – December|
|Wrestling – Boys and Girls||November – March|