CENTRAL OKANAGAN REFUND POLICY (amended February 1st, 2021 )
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program.
Refund requests must include relevant supporting documentation (e.g., letter from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada).
A full refund less application fee will be given for the following reasons:
- Home country is restricting travel to Canada.
- Canada is restricting entry from the home country.
- Immigration Canada does not approve the required visa or study permit.
- Program cancellation.
To obtain a full refund, immediate contact with the international education program must be made via email with the status of the student, and a formal written request must be received within 60 days of the date of refusal or travel restriction. Requests must include appropriate documentation with either proof of the government travel restrictions or the formal letter of refusal from Immigration Canada. Central Okanagan Public Schools will initiate contact and issue refunds should the program be cancelled.
A 66% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws prior to the commencement of the program for reasons other than the above.
A 50% refund, less application fees, will be given when a student withdraws or becomes a funded resident student after the commencement of the program but before 30 calendar days have elapsed from the beginning of the program.
No refund will be granted to a student who:
- withdraws from any course after 30 calendar days from the commencement of the program.
- becomes a funded resident student after 30 days from the commencement of the program.
- is dismissed from the program due to a breach of the law, policy, regulation, or student code of conduct as determined by the Government of Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Central Okanagan Public Schools and/or the Central Okanagan Public Schools International Education Program.
Central Okanagan Public Schools is not liable for losses/expenses that may occur as a result of the district not being able to provide education programming owing to labor disputes, inclement weather, or other causes beyond its control.
For inquiries regarding refunds please contact us by phone (250) 470-3258 or by email email@example.com